4. Maltese Vegetable Stew (Minestra) -VEGAN
4 potatoes, peeled
1 lb squash / pumpkin
1 small cabbage
1 small cauliflower
1 tsp tomato puree
1/2 cup dry lentils
Fennel seeds (optional)
3 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp olive oil or butter
Cut all vegetables into 1 to 1.5 inch cubes.
Bring to boil. Add olive oil.
Simmer, covered 45- 60 mins until vegetables are soft.
Serve w sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese optional.
1. Chicken Soup
One organic whole chicken. Use feet and head if you can find
Cover with filtered water in a slow cooker
Add 1/4 cup white vinegar (this is the secret ingredient but don’t
add more or affects taste)
1 onion, chopped
Organic celery stalks
Organic Parsley (add last 30mins)
Bring to boil and simmer 6 to 12 hours- safer to use a slow cooker
Thirty minutes before completion add bunch of organic parsley
Can freeze the soup down.
Drink one cup a day.
3. Miso Lime Dressing with Honey (PP)
1 1/2 tablespoons miso paste
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 1/4 tablespoons raw honey
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Add toasted almonds (optional)
Mix the above ingredients. Serve in a mixed green salad
5. Asparagus Soup -VEGAN
20 spears Asparagus, quartered
2 clove garlic, minced
4 medium Potatoes, cut
1/2 medium Onion, diced
2 1/2 cups Vegetable Stock
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1. Cut off the ends of the asparagus, rinse and quarter. Add to the slow cooker and top with garlic, potatoes, onions and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Turn your cooker to a medium heat setting and set for 8 hours or to the high setting for 3-4 hours or bring to boil on stove top then simmer until veggies are soft. This will depend on size you cut your vegetables, smaller will be faster but about 45-60 minutes.
3. Pour ingredients into a blender (or food processor) and pulse until smooth.
4. Adjust seasoning and serve.
2. Vinegar Watermelon Drink - Probiotic Positive (PP), VEGAN
3 cups water, plus more to serve
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup honey
6 cups coarsely chopped watermelon
1 cup tightly packed fresh mint
1 cup cider vinegar
Ice cubes (optional bc Chinese do not like iced drinks)
Sliced watermelon, sliced unwaxed cucumber, and fresh mint,
Warm 3 cups water and the salt in a large glass bowl.
Add the honey, stir until dissolved
Combine the watermelon and mint in a large bowl. Stir in the
honey-water and let cool to room temperature, then add the
vinegar. Steep the mixture in the refrigerator for several hours
or up to overnight.
Strain the mixture and eat the watermelon chunks, if you want.
Pour the concentrate into a clean glass jar, and store in the
refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To serve, pour 1/4 cup of the concentrate into a glass and dilute with 3/4 cup water. Garnish with the watermelon, cucumber, and mint.
East West Integrative Medicine